What someone believes to be true is important. We want you to know what we believe, but also why we believe it. What we believe is more than our opinions. They are our convictions that drive our daily lives, our decisions, and ultimately our eternity. They matter to us, because they matter to God.
We are for what God is for, and against what God is against.
What is God against?
- God is against people going to Hell when He gave His son Jesus to die and pay for every sin so that we could be forgiven and have enteral life. John 3:16
- God is against people allowing sin to control and derail their lives when Jesus died to bring us abundant life. John 10:10
- God is against people being mistreated and abused and treated as worthless and ignored when He sent His perfect Son to die for all.
- God is against Christ followers finding His forgiveness and abundance through Him, then keeping it to themselves.
What is God for?
- God is for his Word - the Bible to be taken seriously. It is his perfectly inspired word, and therefore perfect and valuable. It is the primary way He communicates truth and how life works to man.
- God is for man understanding who He is. He is one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is the second member of the Trinity (the Son of God) who became flesh to reveal God to humanity and to become the Savior of the lost world. He is the Creator of the world and everything in it. By His words, all things were created.
- God is for us understanding who we are. All people were created in the image of God to have fellowship with him but became alienated in that relationship through sinful disobedience. As a result, people are incapable of regaining a right relationship with God through their own efforts.
- God is for bringing people back into relationship with Him. This is why he acted, came to earth, died, and rose again. He desires everyone to have eternal life. The blood of Jesus Christ, shed on the cross, provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sin. Therefore, God freely offers salvation to those who place their faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as sufficient payment for their sin.
- God is for us having abundant life. He fully knows that true abundant life is only found in living for Him, and not for ourselves. For the follower of Christ, He has given us His Word, and His Holy Spirit to dwell in us so that we know and are empowered to live lives that obey and honor Him. As we imitate Him, we become His disciples.
- God is for us sharing Him with others, and replicating ourselves again and again for the sake of His Kingdom. This is His plan A for the world to know Him.
- God is for the Church. In a culture where the church seems to be losing it’s significance, it still matters very much to God. The church is the body of Christ, of which Jesus Christ is the head. The members of the church are those who have trusted by faith the finished work of Christ. The purpose of the church is to glorify God by loving him and by making him known.
- God is for you. He loves you and wants you to know Him.